Quick Vegan Mushroom, Tomato and Avocado wrap Recipe ( No added sugar , Plant based )
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 10 mins
Total time 10-15 mins
Versatile and super quick to make.
You will need a Knife, Pan, (and optional grill/oven. )
Author: Sky Christina
Recipe type: Breakfast / Lunch
Cuisine: Vegan, No Added Sugars
Serves: 1 or 2 small portions
- 4 -5 medium sized mushrooms
- A handful of Spinach ( or any leafy greens you choose )
- 8 Cherry tomatoes ( I used Vittoria tomatoes )
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions ( I used frozen chopped onions to save time and tears)
- Flat bread ( I used Crosta & Mollica Piadina Organic Wholeblend Italian Flatbread – only no added sugar one i know of)
- 1/2 – 1 Ripe Avocado
- Salt and seasoning of your choice ( I change seasonings every time, but I used Garlic powder, All purpose seasoning, Pepper, and a little chilli in the photo above. )
- Wash all Fruit/Vegetables and Green leaves.
- Chop up Mushrooms.
- Chop up Tomatoes.
- Chop up Spinach,
- Place pan on medium heat and add Chopped Onions (cook in a little oil or water) Cook for 1 minute.
- Place Mushrooms on top of onions and cook for 4 minutes or until mushrooms and onions have either shrunk or brown a little, then mix together.
- (Add any seasonings you wish here so the mushrooms can soak it up).
- Add Chopped tomatoes to pan and cook till juices mix with mushrooms and onions (around 2-3 minutes).
- Lastly add Spinach and Salt and mix it all together cook until Spinach is slightly wilted. (shrunk).
- Once that is ready you can choose to heat up your flatbread under the grill for a few minutes or not and you can add a sliced avocado with seasoning as a side. Either wrap everything up or just eat as is. Enjoy!
Notes- This meal can turn into many other meals with different flavours, you could switch out the bread for Rice or Quinoa. Change the seasonings to make different flavours, leave out the tomatoes.. etc. Its up to you and what you like.
Love and light Christina Skyx